Girls Go BOOM: Got Consent?
1 in 6 girls have been harassed on festivals.
That’s fucked up.
NO IS NO.
Don’t touch people who didn’t consent. Don’t rub your crotch against girls standing at the crush barrier. Don’t yell at the female guitarist because “she makes you horny”. Don’t take advantage of a mosh-pit to touch a woman’s boobs.
These are stories we hear ALL THE TIME and still a lot of people don’t take sexual harassment seriously. It is a real problem and we need to address it. Everyone should feel safe at concerts and be able to enjoy themselves.
We must teach ourselves and empower eachother about bodily autonomy and consent. No one has the right to anybody else’s body.This is why we created an interactive event to talk and define consent, discuss boundaries and share stories.
- WORKSHOP ‘Consent and other small things: the night belongs to you as well’ – by Joana Cavaco // KONTRA
Max 15 persons, please enroll through email@example.com
- ZINE MAKING TABLE
- PERFORMANCE by Eva Elaine
- MUSIC by VULVA
- DJ SET by Laura Deschepper aka Medouch // Queer Rotterdam
- EXPO by Serana Angelista + Khaddouj Barghout
- MORE ACTIVITIES TBA
Girls go BOOM aims to welcome you in a safe-r space:
– with zero tolerance for sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, fatphobia, racism and other kind of discrimination.
– where people are free to be who they truly are.
– without judgement.
– where you are protected and respected by your community.
Entrance donation is 3 euro.
Artwork by Joblin Agteresch