IMPROV MUSICIANS NEEDED FOR READYMADE!!
READYMADE: A NEW SERIES BY VROOOM
Besides the regular monthly Vrooom concert, Vrooom has started a new concert series called Readymade. It will be staged at several locations and is supposed to be an event that acts as a playground for (mainly) Rotterdam musicians to play improvised music. We hope to find all the Rotterdam musicians that are interested in playing improv… The idea is – after the summer – to pursue the Readymades on a more regular basis. But for now we will book two evenings a month; in Koffie en Ambacht on the second Sunday of the month, and in #Wunderbar in WORM on the third (or sometimes fourth) Sunday afternoon of the month. Starting approximately 15:00h.
It should function as a try out/meeting point for all Rotterdam musicians that dare to play this stuff… But also as a Lab for trying our different approaches to improv music.
So this is the way we’d like to work;
- Tell us you want to play @ Readymade. We’ll find you a date and curate the thing. Maybe you want to play with certain people. That can be arranged too (if these certain people agree, of course). Otherwise, we’ll find you a good match…
- We look for curators of Readymade; it means you have a free hand in asking who is playing, and if you have ideas about a concept, that would be possible too. So each readymade will consist of 4 or 5 musicians playing.
- We’re also interested in collaborations with dancers/performers.
- Of course musicians from other planets are welcome too (not only the Rotterdam planet we mean).
- The reason for doing this is not for ‘playing another gig’. Readymade is a possibility for musicians to explore new ways of making sounds and finding people you haven’t played with before. There’s no budget, and the entrance fee is ‘pay what you want’.
- We think that Rotterdam – finally – has enough interesting musicians to start a weekly improv series that functions as a lab.
- We also think that there are lots of different scenes floating around that don’t meet each other much, if at all. Readymade is a chance to look beyond your own little world.
- Music that is blurred, unpure, ecclectic and spontaneous is the way to go. So please, well-trained jazz kids, allow some horrible noise in your world… and please droneheads, listen to a beat or two… and please psychedelic farties, think a bit before you get out of the groove…
- Improv music is for everybody to play. It’s not a means to an end… it can be anything you want… it happens in all cultures… it doesn’t necessarely come from jazz, or fluxus, or noise… it comes from the heart as well as the brain…
Send us a message if you’re interested in joining….